Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
Product Engineer will support FaST tools located in Boise, Idaho.
The Film and Scatterometry Technology (FaST) Division provides industry leading metrology solutions for worldwide semiconductor IC manufacturers. The FaST Division portfolio of metrology products includes hardware and software solutions for optical film thickness, optical critical dimension (CD), composition, and resistivity measurement systems. These products are essential for the IC manufacturers as they provide critical metrology capabilities for the development and implementation of their advanced IC processes
- New and sustaining product service engineering.
- Serve as the central technical resource / interface with design engineering, manufacturing, technical support, quality, marketing and field as the product(s) move through the Product Life Cycle. Will be fully integrated and working directly with aforementioned teams to incorporate value added serviceability, reliability and service business practice improvements into product design.
- Work to optimize serviceability, reduce cost-of-service through all stages of the PLC, and improve short and long term product service revenue performance. Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle to ensure system level product performance is continuously tracked and meets established specification .
- Drive continuous improvement of system hardware, diagnostics and software, tooling, technical documentation, knowledge management, and training.
Job Scope and Complexity:
- Strong knowledge of overall system operation, system integration, and system calibrations.
- Influence early PLC designs to include features that will optimize K-T’s service business: calibrations and diagnostics, Cost of Service (CoS), reliability, design tolerances, Intellectual Property (IP) protection.
- Act as a two way conduit of information between design teams, and tech support and service personnel.
- Very adept at 7-step trouble-shooting, including driving learning and standardization where appropriate.
- Full understanding of the need to protect our service IP, and apply BKMs into documentations, FRUs, Tooling, and training.
- Able to step into a difficult beta and sustaining escalation, analyze data from various sources, and, working with divisional experts when necessary, provide a detailed action plan suitable for execution by Customer Service Engineer (CSE) and Technical Support Engineer (TSE).
- Leverage learning and knowledge across the Tech Support organization through training classes, scripts, coaching, documents and updating other knowledge capture tools. Develop and promote the use of Merlin and Solution Point during Beta and released product phases.
- Ensure that learning on current generation tools is captured and applied to next generation designs.
- Work with Learning and Knowledge Services (LKS) to determine the training requirements for new products and/or upgrades. Trains the trainer, and teach or co-teach initial courses. Audits service training courses to ensure their quality.
- Work with SMEs and Techwriter to improve remove and replace service documentation
- Help to define a plan, implement and optimize the spare parts that will be stocked to support field shipments. This includes taking into account reliability, diagnostics, inventory holding cost, training level and other factors.
- Prepare CoS models (bottom-up and top-down) during initial concept phase, and update them as new information is available. Apply results to help optimize design of diagnostics.
- Work with Services Marketing to define Service Offerings, including analyzing market needs, forecasting CoS and developing Sales support materials.
- Help to define and optimize the Preventative Maintenance Schedule for systems.
- Help to prepare a product for obsolescence / transfer to Service Supply Chain Management (SSCM) ownership including closing known issues, disposition of inventory and transfer of documentation and knowledge.
- Participate in NPI Best Practice teams to spread knowledge across product divisions.
- Hands-on work for integration of Alpha/Beta systems, including performing serviceability validation.
- Work with local team in Boise, Idaho for new product introduction
- Ability to travel <=25%, as needed
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Physics, Optics or Electrical/Mechanical engineering.
Masters degree in Engineering preferred
1-2 years of working with eBeam, X-Ray Equipment highly desired
2 years of semiconductor capital equipment industry experience desired
KLA-Tencor or similar Optical metrology and inspection equipment experience preferred
Hands on System level trouble shooting experience desired
- Doctorate (Academic) OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.