Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
1. Be responsible for providing assistance to Customer Support Engineers in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and debugging complex optical/electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, coupled with sophisticated software solutions.
2. Be the lead/owner and provide solutions to complex field escalated issues where the Customer Support Engineer has been unable to resolve these issues in the systems at customers’ sites, including thoroughly understanding the problems, negotiating for resources, gap analysis, providing POAs; or, if the depth of technical understanding requires, reporting to relevant other engineering teams, host meetings of multiple teams to discuss the technical issues in details, acquire POAs with consensus until issues resolved. Be able to complete this with a sense of urgency and in a highly timely manner.
3. Be available to travel within region and worldwide to support escalated issues on site. Travel percentage estimated to be 25-50%
4. Able to clearly document troubleshooting processes, technical findings, provide service and postmortem reports.
5. Contribute to NPI and product sustaining/cost of service reduction by providing feedback on improvement opportunities, participating or owning certain operations in new project introductions and/or continuous improvement projects.
6. May be involved in customer installation, and upgrade of equipment as well as providing training to KT and non KT personnel.
1. 3+ years hands-on experience in hardware/software integration, testing and troubleshooting of highly complex semiconductor wafer inspections systems
2. Fluency in English and Mandarin
3. Proven ability of quickly diagnosing problems through analysis of inspection reports, system log files, system parametric diagnostic data and other test results, and provide solutions
4. Knowledge of KLA-Tencor Broadband Plasma products is a plus.
5. Knowledge of KLA-Tencor Phoenix handling is a plus
6. Good technical presentation skill and communication skill
7. Proficient with all office suite applications such as Excel, PowerPoint
8. Require ability to diffuse potentially difficult situations and facilitate solutions agreeable to multiple parties.
9. Leadership experience and ability are required
10. BS or above