This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for inline monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
You are academically sound and posses strong technical leadership abilities. You should be able to drive requirements/design problems to closure within the constraints of the current system. You should have enough engineering background to gain a deep understanding of KLA-Tencor's domain and working of its tools.. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
1. Acquire and demonstrate technical knowledge of inspector software
2. Participate in requirements definition and technical review process
3. Do requirements analysis, architectural analysis, design, devpt. and unit testing
4. Acquire knowledge of key use cases in defect inspection using WIN tools
5. Follow KT defined software development processes (CMM)
6. Lead teams to develop key features
1. Required: Strong academics. BE/BTech/MS/MCA/MTech (CS/Electronics/Physics/ECE degree)
2. Required: Strong in programming fundamentals, C++, VC++, MFC
3. Required: Good analytical and problem solving abilities
4. Required: 5 to 9 years experience with specialization in providing technical leadership
5. Required: Thorough knowledge of SDLC and software engineering
6. Required: Strong communication and team work skills
7. Preferred: Experience in .Net and C#
8. Preferred: Experience in defining requirements, leading project teams
9. Optional: Knowledge of CMM or other process models
10. Optional: Knowledge of KT specific or general semiconductor domain
Requires a BS degree