Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Global Customer Organization (GCO) is our field based, customer facing organization consisting of Sales, Marketing, Applications, Finance, Human Resources, Facilities & IT. They partner closely with our customers to provide a comprehensive portfolio of products, services, software, and expertise, to help them manage yield throughout their fabrication process—from research and development to final volume production.
Responsibilities of this group include maintaining strategic client relationships, identifying and closing sales opportunities, ensuring our products meet performance capabilities & expectations, providing critical solutions for improved yield performance, and collecting requirements for future products by understanding customer processes and technology trends. This diverse and dynamic team partners with KLA’s service organization and factory divisions to help ensure alignment between customer needs and corporate offering to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
Primary Responsibility: Direct KLA’s China’s policies and objectives involving local, provincial, and national government affairs. Maintain and nurture relationships with government, associated authorities and all committees. Legislatively represent and protect KLA interests. Represent KLA at all appropriate industry meetings, forums and conferences. Assist in the establishment of corporate strategies, policies and plans, which align with government laws, regulations and standards. Lead the analysis of proposed legislative actions, determine the potential impact on the organization and develop appropriate responses. Monitor legislative and regulatory activities and promote our corporate market position.
· Establish & maintain a strong relationship with the Chinese government and related industry agencies to understand & monitor policy and regulation changes; assess, and provide advice on the impact of those changes to KLA business in China;
· Develop KLA’s China government relation strategy & represent KLA China at industry and government conferences, forums and events;
· Work closely with KLA Corporate government affairs and communicate key KLA or industry positioning messages to Chinese government stakeholders;
· Build a strong network with other multi-national companies and trade associations
· Promote KLA business interests in China and serve as a key point of contact for the media/external communication (trade shows, local internet, etc.)
· Leverage strong government relations to support KLA business as needed in China
Experience & Qualifications:
· Bachelor degree in business or related fields
· 8 years of MNC’s working experience in government relations or related functions, global experience is a plus
· Strategic thinking and self-driven
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact and influence senior officials and executives
· Good team player and work effectively in a matrix organization environment
· Fluent in Chinese and English, both spoken and written
· Willingness and ability to travel as needed