Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
This position will be part of KLA-Tencor's Corporate Accounting team and will have an opportunity to make a big impact in the organization.
- Perform technical accounting research and support of routine accounting consultations and quarterly non-standard transactions
- Manage and review of finance-related policies
- Manage implementation and on-going ownership of the upcoming lease accounting standards and disclosure
- Perform technical research and documentation on ASC 605 and ASC 606 topics, and work with Corporate Revenue Team for resolution
- Manage and research business combination transactions, Variable Investment Entity assessments, and cost methods topics or issues
- Coordinate and review with SEC Reporting Group on their assessment of new FASB pronouncements as well as proposal for implementation
- Coordinate world-wide defined benefit plan accounting and controls
- Manage other technical accounting related requests by various Divisions, Corporate and External Auditors
- Work closely with SEC reporting team on disclosures and filings
- Participate and perform quarterly financial account reviews for specific regions and functions.
Stock-based Compensation and Long-term Incentive Compensation
- Perform technical accounting research in relation to stock-based compensation and Long-term Incentive compensation
- Review of stock-based compensation and long-term incentive compensation related disclosures in the Form 10-Q, Form 10-K and Proxy Filing
- Manage forecasting process in relation to stock-based compensation, long-term incentive compensation and weighted average shares outstanding
- Review and approve quarterly stock-based compensation and long-term incentive plan awards journal entries
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Perform due diligence procedures as necessary
- Manage the purchase accounting process including partnering with various groups within the Company
- Coordinate and manage the third-party specialist valuation
- Integration planning and support as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with minimum 7+ years of relevant experience (including minimum Big 4 Senior/Manager experience)
- CPA certification is required
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP
- Has a strong sense of ownership of the responsibilities and be self-motivated.
- Comfortable with reaching out to others and working with different levels and parts of an organization.
- Independent and critical thinker, analytical, fast learner and excellent eye for detail
- Ability to research and resolve technical accounting issues and draft white papers and memos
- Exceptional project and time management skills
- Good understanding of ASC605 and ASC606
- Good understanding of lease accounting
- Good understanding of business combination standards and transactions
- Good understanding of stock-based compensation accounting
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the company
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.