Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
First to deliver the best imaging and classification data for every defect or point on any later at any time.
EBeam’s mission encapsulates its role as the “eyes” of KLA’s product line, providing timely information on defects and critical locations on the wafer at the highest spatial resolution possible. The EBeam Division portfolio of products includes hardware and software solutions for electron beam review and inspection and automatic defect classification systems. Customers use EBeam products alongside KLA patterned and bare wafer inspectors to quickly understand the nature of defects and other imperfections on product wafers and take action to correct the manufacturing process.
The division consists of a global team located in US, Singapore and India.
A systems engineer is a multi-talented, jack of all trades individual, able to see the big picture yet able to deep dive into diverse topics.Throughout his/her career, a systems engineer will perform many of the duties below simultaneously, and ultimately all of them at some point.
- Provide significant contributions to the definition of system requirements and the architecture of complex subsystems and systems and architect entire subsystems in some cases
- Develop system and subsystem specifications, system and subsystem error budgets, interfaces and working parameters for the optimum hardware and software solution
- Plan and lead experiments and conduct trade-off studies required to make major architecture decisions of complex subsystems
- Drive system and subsystem integration, and take ownership of performance
- Write test plans, including developing the specifications for modules and some subsystems, and lead the data analysis and completion of these tests
- Influence design engineers to use design review rigor and dfX techniques, such as design for performance, value, integration, outsourceability, manufacturability, maintainability, diagnostics, serviceability, total cycle time, COGS, quality, reliability, regulatory, etc.
- Lead the outsourcing effort for small projects
- Lead or provide significant contributions to enable cross-functional teams to solve system problems from manufacturing and the field
- Lead a cross-functional teams on product improvements
- Make contributions to the N+1 and N+2 product roadmap
- Communicate effectively with diverse set of peers, interdisciplinary engineering groups, customers, and vendors
- Diagnose complex subsystem problems across algorithms, software, electronics, mechanics, vacuum and electron optics
The successful candidate must have demonstrated an ability to solve complex technical problems, perform scientific data analysis using analysis and simulation tools.
Demonstrated knowledge of one or more of electron beam systems, optics, scanning electron microscopes, direct hands-on experience with vacuum instrumentation and clean rooms, lasers, motion systems, robotics and related electronics and control systems for all of the above is highly desired.
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Matlab, JMP and Python is preferred
Experience with machine control and Labview is desirable
Demonstrated leadership skills on a complex project involving multiple engineering disciplines is highly desirable.
Must have excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
Should be familiar with scientific and statistical analysis tools and SW tools such as Matlab, JMP, Zemax, and LabView.
Have agility and the ability to thrive on a fast paced program and respond quickly to field and internal escalations.
Should be able to define objectives clearly, create and track schedules effectively, and drive the team to a solution.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 2 years of experience.
OR Master's Level Degree with at least 4 years of experience.
OR Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.