KLA-Tencor Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA-Tencor has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com.
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
- Manages a group of new product introduction engineers that are responsible for ensuring the product is "ready to serve" which includes interfacing with engineering and manufacturing management, design teams and support personnel including tech support, spares supply chain, marketing, documentation and training.
- Fosters collaboration with all functional teams to meet time-to-market requirements balanced with service profitability.
- Determines and secures the appropriate staffing and training tools for New Product Introduction (NPI) and continuous improvement execution.
- Manages and influences early product and subsystem designs to include features that will optimize KLA-Tencor’s service business including calibrations, diagnostics, tooling, cost of service, reliability, design tolerances and Intellectual Property (IP) protection.
- Participates in design reviews, develops and delivers requirements for design-for-service and the service business roadmap to ensure the product meets entitled performance in the following areas: MTBI / MTBA, MTBF, MTTR, Cost of Service, Availability, measurement performance and matching. This also includes defining CIP programs and product performance features to achieve the improvements during the early life of the product.
- Defines, drives execution of and continuously improv the GSS NPI process and deliverables.
- Provides project and program management oversight/guidance for various projects and programs including field team improvement plans and customer satisfaction.
- Manages resources for early tool builds/integration, alpha, beta and escalations support as needed.
- Ensures that learning on current generation systems are captured and applied to next generation products.
- Participates in NPI Best Practice teams to spread knowledge across product divisions
- 5 yrs managment experience in Semiconductor or related field.
- Proven project managemetn skills
- Business Accumen
- Customer management experience in urgent situations
- Experience with customer management during urgent situations.
- The successful candidate will have a background in Mechanical and Optical systems and how they are developed.
- Strong aptitude for overall system operation, system troubleshooting, system integration, and system diagnostics and calibrations and their effect on system performance.
- A strong drive to continuously improve products, people, and processes.
- The ability to work creatively with other senior level individuals.
- An interest and understanding of both technology and service operations.
- Honest, Forthright, Consistent, ability to take feedback and criticisms and take an objective approach.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 1 years of experience.
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.