Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
First to deliver the best imaging and classification data for every defect or point on any layer at any time.
EBeam’s mission encapsulates its role as the “eyes” of KLA-Tencor’s product line, providing timely information on defects and critical locations on the wafer at the highest spatial resolution possible. Customers use EBeam products alongside KLA-Tencor patterned and bare wafer inspectors to quickly understand the nature of defects and other imperfections on product wafers and take action to correct the manufacturing process.
- Lead the development, components selection, qualification and testing of e-beam wafer transfer system in “ultra-clean” high vacuum system. The candidate must be familiar with vacuum system, automation, robotics and transfer mechanism to perform her/his job well.
- Develop design solutions and protection mechanisms against particle contamination throughout the wafer transfer system.
- Performs first order hand calculations and computer simulations to verify functionality of parts and mechanism. The task involves fair amount of FEA for structural, vibration, thermal and acoustic analysis. Working experience and familiarity with CFD analysis is an advantage. Strong analytical skills and understanding of the basic physics law is a must for this role
- Design of experiment to conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. This involves in addition to analytical work, design, hardware build of dedicated test fixtures for concept validation.
- Responsible for the design process, from requirements specification to analysis, prototyping, testing, debugging to writing assembly procedures. As mechanical engineer, her/his work involves design, modification and design documentation of large scale assemblies using standard 3D CAD system (preferably ProEngineer)..
- Participates in architecture conceptual design,
- Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
- Works cross-functionally and drives implementation of design best practices into product design.
- Work with supply chain and directly with critical suppliers (robotic and vacuum components) to address technical and schedule issues. She/he should have good communication and negotiation skills and be able to anticipate supplier problems/issues and provide work around solutions.
Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical) or Physics with emphasis on mechanical system is required
Education and or experience in:
- Design experience in at least one of the following fields: Robotic and automotion, precision motion control and servo mechanisms, vacuum systems, optic-mechanical design and packaging, vibration isolation, or structure design and analysis;
- Design impact analysis skills at a system level;
- Advanced materials and material selection process (metal and ceramic);
- 3D CAD design;
- Precision metrology and instrument design;
- Preferable experience in Matlab and Labview programming;
- Hands-on experience with electronic instruments, including power supplies, scopes, and function generators;
- FEA analysis;
- Mill and tuning experience; and
- Working with fabricators, including machinists and welders.
Doctorate (Academic) OR Master's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience. OR Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.