Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Surfscan division designs and manufactures unpatterned wafer inspection systems to reliably detect critical defects and surface quality issues. These wafer inspection systems are designed to meet the demanding defect and surface quality characterization requirements of the latest and upcoming nodes, enabling control of the manufacturing process for polished silicon and deposited substrates. Surfscan systems deliver critical capabilities for IC and wafer manufacturers to monitor process equipment, such as wet clean tools, CMP pads, slurries and polishers, film deposition tools and annealing systems Please use this section to describe your business unit.
- Gain detailed engineering level knowledge of complex, leading edge systems and sub-systems including optics, electronics, mechanical components, custom software and algorithms.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to develop and implement design improvements to currently released products as well as development of next generation products
- Participate in the development and testing of systems design improvements, spec validation, and implementation of solutions
- Gather and analyze data from systems at customer sites to identify sources of systematic or intermittent issues
- Respond to field escalations where field service engineers have failed to resolve complex system performance problems, by providing written plans of action by e-mail, phone or on-site hands-on assistance at customer sites worldwide.
- Write technical reports to communicate issues, analysis, technical assessments, system status, best-known-methods, and engineering recommendations
- Design and execute multi-disciplinary experiments, write and peer review detailed test plans and summary reports for system testing.
- Coordinates and performs root cause analysis using the 7-step methodology to solve problems.
- Interfaces closely with service, manufacturing, engineering and marketing team to define and optimize system performance and resolve performance issues.
- Coordinate with outside vendors to perform and deliver sub-system products
- Hands-on troubleshooting and maintaining of engineering prototype systems in division headquarters.
- Must have a degree in Engineering, Physics, Material Science or related fields.
- Have a working knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing, optical-mechanical systems, DUV Laser fundamentals, wafer handling systems and servo control systems
- Fundamental PCB level design knowledge and experience
- Proficient with data analysis tools such as JMP, Matlab, Microsoft XL.
- Have excellent oral and written communication, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to clearly communicate with cross functional internal teams, division management, as well as external customers.
- The candidate must be self-driven, yet a strong team player.
- Minimum Bachelor's Level Degree with 7 or more years of experience or
- Master's Level Degree with 5 years of experience or
- PhD level degree with 3 or more years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.