KLA-Tencor Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA-Tencor has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com.
Central Engineering is KLA-Tencor's largest engineering organization comprised of 9 Centers-of-Excellence (CoE) in various disciplines applied across all product groups in the company. These CoE include Handling & Automation, Precision Motion Control, Sensors & Image Acquisition, Platform Design, and Packaging Engineering, among others. Talent includes over 500 engineers across global centers in Israel, China, India, and the US. Each CoE contributes not just talent and deliverables per discipline toward product programs, but also subject matter expertise, best practices, roadmaps, specialized facilities, apparatus, models, and analytics. These differentiate KLA-Tencor not only in WHAT we do, but also in HOW we do it.
SQE’s mission is to enable quality consciousness at every step of software development and deployment that leads to superior customer satisfaction. SCM, test automation and product quality engineering are key functions of SQE that drives internal software quality through CI/CD and external software quality through full flow software testing, exploratory testing and customer collaboration to release the differentiated products at KLA-Tencor.
We are seeking a Software QA Manager at our Chennai, India campus
- Develop test strategies and test plans for complex software, hardware systems
- Participate in all phases of software development life cycle
- Responsibilities include to establish test scenarios for proving the product functionality, production / engineering use cases and robustness of the software created
- Experience with large software systems /tool application are preferred
- Work with hardware and systems/application groups to understand system requirements and map them to a software testing needs
- Ability to technically interact with Algorithms, System Engineering, Application Engineering, Marketing and Manufacturing, Customer Support team for various needs across the globe.
- Work with global team members
- Should be willing to travel to customer sites in orders to deploy or troubleshoot on need bases. This includes to work long hours and weekend inside customer clean rooms during the travel period
- Reviews software design, change specifications, and plans against and/or process requirements.
- Reviews include applicable specifications, materials, tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Performs or co-ordinates verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability.
- Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains standards for quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable quality standards.
- Ensures that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements.
- Responsible for developing, applying, and maintaining quality standards for company products.
- Develops and executes software test plans. Analysis and writes test standards and procedures.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining test results.
- BE/ME in Engineering or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills are critical
- The ability to work as a team player is essential
- Initiative and the ability to work with minimal guidance
- Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines in product development environment
- 4 to 6 years of software testing experience with Product based Software Testing
- Proven experience in creating effective test procedures and test cases
- Proven experience in executing test procedures and validating against customer requirements
- Proven software quality control experience using Standard Software Development Life Cycle Process / Methodology
- Testing experience at the at the unit, integration and system levels
- Learn and contribute across multiple product generations
- Experience with large software systems and/or semiconductor products is a plus